Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs.
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings;
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan.
- Support for parents can be arranged through our Parent Support Advisor.
As part of our transition arrangements, we consult all children about the teaching strategies and support mechanisms that we have used throughout the year. We specifically engage children with SEND to listen to their views as part of the review cycle.