Tanfield Lea Community Primary School aims to provide a safe, caring environment, which enables everyone in the school to fulfil their potential.
- To provide the highest possible standard of education through a broad, balanced and enjoyable curriculum appropriate to each individual.
- To give the opportunity to develop the skills required to live and work together and to co-operate with each other.
- To promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle, both physically and mentally, enabling individuals to make informed choices.
- To develop an empathy with people around us; with the world in which we live and an understanding and respect of individuals, groups and nations. To encourage a sense of right and wrong and be self disciplined.
- To provide a stimulating surrounding which is valued.
- To foster a caring attitude towards others and our environment.
Through each of these we aim to be good citizens whose achievements are recognised and celebrated.